Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I think blogs started out as diaries, right? So, even though it's public, I am going to make this my CWK diary. At least, for today. I will most likely forget about it tomorrow.

This past weekend, as every weekend, I taught cooking to the 3 - 6th graders at CTJ. This week we made soup. Well, they did. They answered trivia questions to win ingredients (well, vegetables) then they got a broth and some spices and went for it. I have to say, I was impressed. Most of them were, too. It's always exciting when a kid makes something they really want to eat and take pride in it.


After cleaning up, I dashed from the South Bay to Los Feliz to teach 10 lovely ladies and one kind man how to make pickles! They had paid for the class as part of the TIOH fundraiser. I donated my time, but it was all J. Ritz in terms of shopping and setting up. Bless her heart.



On Monday, I sent out our invitation for the next two CWK dinners! Was shocked at the Long Beach response! SO many people wanted to have dinner with us there. Feels good. The LB event is sold out, but there is still room at the table in Fillmore! And there will be baby goats! Come on, you know you want to join us.


Last but not least, my latest article for the L.A. Weekly is being posted today. In about 15 minutes, I think. It was a fun day at Dodgers Stadium. I got to meet Tommy Lasorda! I know, silly, but true. Also, next time you're there, I really do recommend the pizza at Lasorda's Trattoria behind right field. It's Gooooooooooood. 


Tommy Lasorda, Legend.



No comments: